Mit diesem Upgrade wird LockOn in die DCS Reihe portiert werden.
THE FIGHTER COLLECTION AND EAGLE DYNAMICS TO RELEASE LOCK ON: FLAMING CLIFFS 2.0 UPGRADE
DUXFORD, UK, November 17, 2009 – The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics will release Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2.0 in early 2010. This will be an upgrade to the unofficial Lock On: Flaming Cliffs add-on. Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2.0 will feature all the flyable aircraft of Lock On: Flaming Cliffs and include several fan-requested upgrades to aircraft, sensor, and weapon systems. Lock On: Flaming Cliffs combines a large stable of modern U.S. and Russian aircraft to fly over Russia and Georgia with game play for both casual and hardcore flight simulation enthusiasts.
Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2.0 will feature the same world environment and game functionality as the Digital Combat Simulation (DCS) series and will be online compatible with the Ka-50 attack helicopter simulation DCS: Black Shark www.digitalcombatsimulator.com. Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2.0 will allow Lock On pilots and Black Shark pilots to now fly online together in both cooperative and head-to-head online play.
The Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2.0 upgrade for owners of Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 1.12 will be available for sale as a download from the Eagle Dynamics Lock On web site for $14.99 USD. https://lockon.co.uk/. The upgrade will first be released in English and Russian with French, German, and Spanish versions to follow.
By using the DCS environment, Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2.0 users will have improved terrain, mission editor, AI flight models, 3D objects, artificial intelligence (AI), and multiplayer. The aircraft of Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2.0 will include:
• Su-25 (new 3D model)
Flaming Cliffs 2.0 Upgrade FAQ
Q: What new features does the Flaming Cliffs 2.0 upgrade add?
A: The following features are added:
- Runs under DirectX 9C
- Improved Mission Editor with trigger system
- New terrain area to include much of Georgia. This will be same map as used in DCS: Blacks Shark. As such the Crimea has been replaced with the addition of Georgia.
- More detailed terrain to include more ground objects, larger forests, and higher resolution elevation data
- Improved clouds
- High resolution airfield textures
- Improved multiplayer system with embedded game browser
- More robust online cheating prevention
- New and improved menu system
- Numerous new, highly detailed ground units including infantry
- Improved flight performance for player-controlled aircraft
- Improved flight models for all artificial intelligence (AI) controlled aircraft
- New, more realistic G-tolerance modeling
- Limited 6 DOF cockpits that move up, down and sideways according to maneuvering
- New and highly-detailed Su-25 model
- Advanced ballistics are implemented for all flyable aircraft, including ricochets of AP rounds
- F-15C locked target IFF indication
- More realistic ranges, seeker guidance and fuzes for air-to-air missiles
- More realistic electronic countermeasure operation and performance
- New and improved sound engine
- New radio message voice-overs
Q: Will my Flaming Cliffs 1.12 missions work with Flaming Cliffs 2.0?
A: Due to a change in the world location and mission editor, they will not. However, when installing the upgrade you have the option to create both Flaming Cliffs 1.12 and Flaming Cliffs 2.0 parallel installs. Flaming Cliffs 1.12 and the upgraded Flaming Cliffs 2.0 will not be online compatible.
Q: Will Flaming Cliffs 2.0 and DCS: Black Shark be online compatible?
A: Yes! You will now be able to fly head-to-head and cooperatively with players flying the Ka-50.
Q: Is a player flyable Ka-50 included in Flaming Cliffs 2.0?
A: No. To fly the Ka-50 you must own DCS: Black Shark. However, AI-controlled Ka-50 helicopters are included in Flaming Cliffs 2.0.
Q: What mission content will be included in Flaming Cliffs 2.0?
A: Each aircraft will have several new single missions and new Su-25 and A-10A campaigns will be included.
Q: Will new documents be provided?
A: Yes. A new Flaming Cliffs manual will be provided as well as a new Install Guide.
Q: Will 3rd party modifications created for Flaming Cliffs 1.12 work in Flaming Cliffs 2.0?
A: Yes, in most cases. However, some minor modifications made need to be made for 3rd party-created aircraft.
Q: What operating systems will be supported?
A: Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7.
Q: What copy protection will be used?
A: StarForce online activation (only) will be used. Based on the success of DCS: Black Shark protection, we feel this provides the best compromise of user-friendliness and protection of property. Unlike the reported hardware problems reported with an earlier version of StarForce applied to the original Flaming Cliffs, no such issues have been reported with the current online activation method that does not install any drivers to the user’s computer.
Q: When will Flaming Cliffs 2.0 be available?
A: We plan to make the upgrade available for download from the Eagle Dynamics website in January 2010. https://lockon.co.uk/
Q: How much will this upgrade cost?
A: $14.99 USD
zum ED Forum