News zur Demo

Ankündigungen, News, Beförderungen, usw. rund um's Virtuelle Jagdbombergeschwader 32.

Moderator: JaBoG32 Stab

Antworten
Snoopy
Intermediate Member

News zur Demo

Beitrag von Snoopy » 23. Aug 2003, 11:42

As per Carl Norman:

After some consideration by Matt Wagner, Igor Tishin, and me, based on the enthusiasm and demand by all of you for the Demo to be released, we have made a decision: It is better to release this Demo as soon as possible, despite some minor inaccuracies, than to try and make it perfect and delay its release further.

Therefore, the current version of the Demo, with a few minor tweaks, will be the release version.

This means that there are some inaccuracies contained in the missions that won't be fixed.

For example: The A-10 mission has the Warthog with a loadout that includes Zuni rockets. It should be Hydra rockets as the A-10 does not carry the former. We feel fixing this is not worth delaying the release of the demo. There are a few other little thing but rest assured that all will be fixed in the final version. Please understand that this Demo is based on Beta code and there will be improvements between now and the final game release.

Another thing we wanted to change, that isn't an inaccuracy, is the MiG-29 mission. In its present form, a German Luftwaffe Fulcrum dogfights with a Russian MiG-23 Flogger. Based upon some to the bad feelings we have all experienced online here on the forums in the past from some users, we did not want to turn this into a "NATO vs. Russia" thing. Lock On is pretty flexible about what Orders of Battle can be utilized. A Russia vs. NATO is only one such possibility. Personally, I look forward to flying missions where the U.S. and Russia are on the same side.

So, the Zuni rockets and Luftwaffe MiG vs. Russian MiG remain in the Demo.

In our discussions we have determined that to make these minor changes would delay the demo from being released further. Therefore, we have decided to proceed with the current version and to heck with the minor problems! In the battle of Reality vs. Fun, Fun is the winner!

So, Matt is making the final adjustments to the current version of the Demo and will be submitting it to the Ubi.com and PR staffs so that it can be put online and distributed to other sources. This means the Demo will most likely be available to you by next week AT THE LATEST.

I WANT TO BE VERY CLEAR THAT IF WE RUN INTO ANY PROBLEMS THAT ARE MORE SEVERE THAN THE ONES I HAVE MENTIONED, THEN ALL BETS ARE OFF AND IT MIGHT NOT HAPPEN NEXT WEEK.

I had to put that disclaimer in for my own piece of mind!

We appreciate your support, your patience, and your enthusiasm. This Forum has really been rocking the past few weeks and we all feel the energy and want to do a good job for all of you.

Cheers,
Carl

CouGar
Intermediate Member

Beitrag von CouGar » 23. Aug 2003, 14:32

Wirds denn nur eine Singleplayer oder eine Multiplayer Demo?

Maddin
Schaut öfter mal vorbei

Beitrag von Maddin » 23. Aug 2003, 14:51

ich denk mal singleplayer wegen der begrenzten flugzeit :(

Snoopy
Intermediate Member

Beitrag von Snoopy » 23. Aug 2003, 18:27

was für ne begrenzte flugzeit?

CouGar
Intermediate Member

Beitrag von CouGar » 23. Aug 2003, 20:00

hä läuft da nen timer und dann beendet die demo :shock:

Snoopy
Intermediate Member

Beitrag von Snoopy » 23. Aug 2003, 20:25

ich seh da überhaupt nix von nem timer...

Maddin
Schaut öfter mal vorbei

Beitrag von Maddin » 23. Aug 2003, 20:57

nein, der Treibstoffvorrat von den Fliegern ist ziemlich begrenzt....

JaBoG32_Chrissi
Site Admin

Beitrag von JaBoG32_Chrissi » 23. Aug 2003, 21:45

Yo, 10-15 mins dann muss man neu starten...
2. JaBoG32 "Fighting Wildcats"

Gruß, Chrissi aka Kichi :D
Our Dreams are Wings

Bild

CouGar
Intermediate Member

Beitrag von CouGar » 23. Aug 2003, 22:31

Ironie Modus an

Na hoffentlich is das nich in der Final Version so :roll:

Ironie Modus aus

Antworten